SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalogue of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
SoundCloud is looking for a Copywriter to write crisp informative copy that helps attract and convert customers across all of our channels.
As our new Copywriter you’ll be an integral member of our growth team, creating compelling communication across multiple marketing channels and in-app. Your work will range from coming up with witty one-liners to polishing strategic core messaging, always acting as a guardian of our brand and tone-of-voice.
Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills are essential for this role, as you’ll be coordinating cross-functionally to drive real and sustainable impact.
- Write, write, write. Whatever the channel, product and audience, you’ll be our go-to person for elegant and engaging copy
- Communicate big ideas creatively with character and wit, whether it’s a three-word headline or a longer technical article
- Continually work to understand both customers and products to identify, recommend, and execute communication plans for customer profitability, retention and growth
- Work closely with marketers, product managers, designers, and analysts to plan and execute campaigns and activations
- Work with product marketing to help set best practices and guidelines for copywriting, ensuring that both internal and external copy adhere to those guidelines
- You have 3-4+ years of experience writing for an agency, media or tech company
- You have outstanding writing skills and a deep understanding of grammar
- You have experience in writing marketing copy for a range of channels and audiences, be it Lifecycle, CRM, Paid or Social
- You know how to write for the web, apps and ads – and the differences between them
- You have UX copywriting experience and feel comfortable working with product teams
- You are a curious, opportunistic and scrappy self-starter who can capture and execute opportunities as they arise, even under very tight deadlines
- You're a team player who thrives in a fast-moving environment
- You can give and receive constructive feedback
- You will write in English but bonus points for other languages
The salary range for this role is $90,000-$110,000 annually. The final salary offered will be determined based on relative experience, skills, internal equity, and location. We also offer a generous total rewards program - read more about additional benefits and perks below!
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead what’s next in music by understanding and empowering our creators and fans, no matter their identity. We acknowledge the challenges in the music industry, and strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute respectfully and thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans and SoundClouders identify with. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group. Diversity Resource Groups are employee-organized groups focused on supporting and promoting the interests of a particular underrepresented community in order to build a more inclusive culture at SoundCloud. Anyone can join, whether you share the identity or strive to be an ally.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!