The Copywriter at School of Traditional Skills will play a crucial role in our company's marketing team, responsible for crafting compelling copy that inspires our audience and drives sales of our classes. As the Copywriter, you will work closely with the marketing team to develop messaging that resonates with our target audience and aligns with our brand guidelines.
You will be responsible for writing clear, concise, and converting copy for various marketing materials, such as short and long video ad scripts, optin and sales pages, various funnel strategies like educational webinars, PLF’s and other email heavy promotions, along with social media posts, email templates, and display ads.
You must be detail-oriented and tuned in to the nuance of your copy and how it plays out across related funnels, web pages and social media for a consistent and effective message. You will also assist in conducting research to understand our target audience's needs and interpret the information to create copy that speaks directly to them.
Applicants should have a solid foundation in Direct Response Marketing with a heavy focus on strategic email copy and email list cultivation. If you have immersed yourself in studying marketers such as Dan Kennedy, Donald Miller, Jeff Walker and others, this will be a huge plus! As well, an understanding and passion for traditional skills and the homesteading life are also a big bonus in your favor!
- Write clear, concise, and engaging copy for our classes, such as landing pages, social media posts, email templates, and ads.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop creative concepts and messaging that align with our brand guidelines and target audience.
- Research, understand and interpret the needs of our audience to create messaging that speaks directly to them.
- Edit and proofread copy to ensure accuracy, consistency, and quality.
- Manage multiple writing projects simultaneously and deliver high-quality work within tight deadlines.
- Stay up-to-date with writing trends, tools, and technologies to continuously improve the quality of our marketing materials.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and other team members, such as graphic designers and web developers, to ensure copy is optimized for different channels and platforms.
- Provide writing support for the Director of Marketing and other projects as needed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in copywriting in a marketing or advertising setting with a focus on email copy.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write clear, concise, and engaging copy.
- Creativity and the ability to develop unique messaging that resonates with our target audience.
- Strong research skills and the ability to understand and interpret the needs of our target audience.
- An understanding of direct response marketing techniques.
- Attention to detail and the ability to deliver high-quality work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience writing for web and mobile platforms is a plus.
- Health Benefits Package
- Competitive compensation, with annual reviews and merit increases.
- 10 PTO Days paid vacation (plus another week during Winter Break).
- Company-sponsored Training and Development program
- Remote-First Opportunity
- Paid Holidays Holiday Calendar + Flex Remote Work Initiative.