Dandy is transforming the massive ($200B) but antiquated dental industry. Backed by some of the world's leading venture capital investors, we are on an ambitious mission to integrate and simplify every function of the dental practice through technology. By building the operating system for every dental office in America, Dandy is empowering dentists with technology, innovation, and world-class support to achieve more for their practice, their people, and their patients.
About This Role
In this role, you’ll work with our Creative Director and growing creative team to grow the brand’s copy excellence across our entire portfolio of marketing programs.
You will apply detail-oriented and empathetic creative copy production that makes our commercial messages stronger, creates simple emotive reactions for our audience, and fosters brand affinity through engaging, emotive, and high-quality content creation. This opportunity is for someone who is excited about playing a key role in building a bold, innovative brand in the dental technology space.
We’re looking for a passionate copywriter who excels at making mundane messages memorable, translating a brand’s voice into a relatable personality, and implements smart copywriting with a close eye for detail. The right person will not only be able to accurately use our brand voice but evolve it. Due to the wide breadth of messaging depth in an even wider range of content types, this person must thrive in being able to jump between editing a clinical guide to producing copy for our next big ad campaign.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Creative Director and other teams on conceptual copy development, copy editing, and creative execution across key marketing programs
- Develop messaging frameworks that meet project objectives and goals
- Work cross functionally with key marketing leads to produce creative concepts and solutions against briefs
- Deep industry knowledge and a keen understanding of different audience types to be able to write thoughtful and relevant copy across a variety of channels and mediums
- Help to establish and apply the Dandy’s voice and tone across all work; ability to guide external freelance writers / project owners on the voice and tone
- Ensure the consistency of the brand and highest quality of copywriting across all projects
- Ability to think big while operating at the lowest level of detail
- Must be a self starter while being comfortable working with teams, freelancers, agencies, and production partnersBe a foundational part of “Dandy Studios” (our videography team) that develops breakthrough videos across Dandy’s marketing, educational, and enablement programs, building brand affinity and driving engagement with Dandy’s audience
- Ideate and execute on strategic briefs to craft effective video content, with a focus on the ever-shifting creative marketing space.
- Manage video projects and all deliverables from pre-production through post
- Take responsibility for the creation and delivery of video assets, ensuring the individual pieces adhere to the overall brand strategy, tone, and voice
- Provide creative leadership and support for the team, sharing your knowledge and experience as a seasoned professional and mentor
- Manage a cadre of freelance resources including external agencies providing animation, CAD design, and more
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience, with hands-on expertise in developing creative copy solutions and campaigns across all mediums: advertising, film, websites, mobile and graphic design, presentations/treatments
- BA or BFA in Copywriting or related field or equivalent experience
- Extraordinary writing skills and a passion for emotive hooks!
- Advanced portfolio of professional copy artifacts
- Effective and engaging presentation skills and proven ability to produce and pitch world-class strategic presentations to all levels of an organization
- Passion for copywriting, language, and creative direction
- Experience managing marketing and editorial projects; experience in scriptwriting for video and voice a plus
- Hands-on expertise in developing creative copy solutions and campaigns across all mediums: advertising, film, websites, mobile and graphic design
- An entrepreneurial and owners mentality in your work with the ability to self problem-solve in order to meet the project’s objectives
- Ability to sell and defend your work, as well as accept feedback and apply it, while articulating feedback to teammates in a constructive manner
- A firm grasp on production scoping and scheduling as it applies to the creative
Bonus Points For
- Previous entrepreneurial experience in videography or working with a boutique agency
- Experience utilizing video review and feedback tools such as Frame.io, Vimeo, etc.
- Experience working with outside freelancers across animation, audio, and other disciplines.
- Outstanding professional references to share.
- Experience with marketplace models.
- Relentlessly positive attitude, strong sense of humor, and the ability to have fun at work!
What Benefits We Offer
- Fully sponsored best in class healthcare including medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- 401k program
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.