The Senior Copywriter creates compelling content that aligns with strategic communication objectives for multichannel-marketing campaigns. The Senior Copywriter is a creative, conceptual thinker who collaborates with the rest of the project team to ensure that the writing, design and technology we develop achieve the client’s communication objectives and are greater than the sum of their parts.
The Senior Copywriter should be able to serve as a writing lead on projects across multiple brands and quickly learn new brands as they are added to our client roster. Being the writing lead means executing high-level creative, as well as managing the details of execution. While there will be projects on which she/he will have support from a Junior Copywriter, Clinical Research Associate or Copywriter, a Senior Copywriter must be adept at reviewing and executing on changes from the internal team, client, and medical-regulatory-legal reviews.
The Senior Copywriter primarily contributes marketing writing and content management to projects. When called upon, the Senior Copywriter participates in creative campaign concepting.
What You'll Do
- Writes primarily to the patient and HCP audiences
- Experience in marketing for the healthcare industry, especially patient-facing pharma, is preferred
- Collaborates productively with Designers, Production Writers, Associate Creative Directors, Developers, Project Managers and other members of the project team
- Demonstrates careful attention to detail with proficiency in copyediting, references and proofreading
- Adheres to brand style in both copy and design
- Executes strong, engaging marketing writing that aligns with strategic inputs and is highly relevant to the audience
- Is capable of presenting creative deliverables at internal and client meetings, as well as thoughtfully participating in creative and technology critiques
- Contributes to creative concepting and treatment development for multichannel marketing campaigns
- Communicates actively with the project team to keep deliverables on track and on schedule
- Acts as guardian of content and the recorder of all copy changes throughout the creative process
- Supports new business pursuits—organizing and contributing to presentations, writing and reviewing presentation decks, etc.
- Understands and follows the company creative process
- Works closely with the Clinical Research Associate to help annotate documents and maintain accurate reference citations
- When resources allow, may direct and oversee a Production Writer in executing aspects (e.g., straightforward client changes, legal-review changes, etc.) of a given deliverable
- Contributes to the establishment, enforcement and evolution of copywriting best practices at the organization
- Writes to a variety of audiences, including healthcare professionals, patients and sales representatives
- Degree from a college or a university in English, journalism, communications or a related field
- Experience in pharma agency background required
- 5+ years of experience as a marketing Copywriter, rare disease preferred; Pharma advertising agency experience required
- Exhibits a high level of creative and problem-solving skills within the parameters of a highly regulated industry
- Must have a digital portfolio that includes business-to-business pieces, interactive work, some long-form work and a creative concept brought to life across a campaign. A portfolio that includes pharmaceutical-marketing examples is required.
- Experience collaborating with designers and developers to create responsively designed interactive work
- Has demonstrable mastery of English-language style and mechanics
- Demonstrates ability to analyze problems, anticipate consequences and eliminate obstacles to successfully complete projects.