Associations International (AI) is an association management company based in Lexington, KY, who partners with non-profit trade and career associations like the International Coaching Federation (ICF) in a consulting-client relationship. Our job is to help those non-profits meet their mission and grow their membership through the work of our talented, dedicated team of professionals.
Our ICF team is looking for a Creative Copywriter and Brand Storyteller to join our marketing & communications team. In this role, you will tell the ICF brand story. You will be responsible for creating engaging content and telling compelling stories that meet a range of audience needs and help to grow ICF brand awareness and impact. This role plays an important part in content creation and communication support for the organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Create compelling, human-centric stories that engage audiences and drive awareness, understanding, and action.
- Conceptualize and pitch dynamic and compelling story ideas around the ICF brand(s) that advance marketing strategies and integrated campaigns.
- Write engaging copy for a wide variety of deliverables and international audiences, adjusting tone, word choice, etc., to effectively communicate with or appeal to specific audiences.
- Craft thoughtful, innovative marketing communications across multiple channels that are consistent with brand standards and adhere to best practices in writing for the specific channels.
- Serve as managing editor for our blogs, overseeing content vision and selection to tell our story through content contributors.
- Write digital content that is optimized for the web.
- Assist in conducting content audits to ensure that the content we produce meets consumer needs and aligns with ICF strategy.
- Use analytics to inform content strategy, development and iteration.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop creative content that answer the needs of our stakeholders and is aligned with communication objectives/strategy.
- Maintain expert-level familiarity with brand voice and style guidelines.
- Edit copy to ensure accuracy of content and grammar, as well as adherence to brand voice and style guidelines.
- Creative thinker who tells engaging stories that capture audience attention and drives action.
- Exceptional written communication, copywriting and storytelling skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, creative writing, journalism, or a related field of study preferred.
- 5+ years of copywriting experience with at least 2 years’ experience in digital copywriting.
- Experience in writing for different mediums and audiences.
- Proven experience in writing both creative and technically oriented copy and demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely for target audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in one voice across multiple mediums and platforms.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a range of colleagues as well as to work independently.
- Deadline and detail oriented.
- Ability to respond positively to feedback.
- Strong project management skills.
- Creativity and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Knowledge of SEO content best practices.
LIFE AT AI
We believe in hiring talented, diverse people who drive the success of our partner associations by bringing their talents, passions, and expertise to the team. We are proud to have been named a Best Places to Work in Kentucky award recipient for ten years and counting!
- Flexibility: remote, hybrid, and in office flexibility
- Competitive Compensation: based on skills and experience
- Benefits: Full benefit package including medical, and company paid dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance
- Retirement: 401(k) with company match (because we all want to retire one day)
- Time Off: Comprehensive time off to do the things you love including vacation, sick and wellness time, floating holidays, and regular holidays including a paid company shutdown in December.
- Culture: Best Places to Work in Kentucky award for 10 years and running