Responsible for providing creative copy for a wide range of media including direct mail circulars, signage, advertising and promotional literature. Provide high quality, high speed proofreading services of page content, product copy and pricing for all printed material including retail circulars and direct mail pieces.
- Develops product copy to support business and marketing objectives of the client.
- Retrieves, edits and updates copy from an existing product copy database.
- Works on accounts that are moderately complex and non-routine.
- Establishes priorities for assigned tasks and coordinates phases of work with others.
- Works with client’s merchant and legal staff to develop an approved copy database to facilitate the copywriting and editing process.
- Works with designers to incorporate copy into final piece.
- Gathers essential communication objectives from client meetings, briefings, interviews and research.
- Determines product features for new items, converting into compelling reader benefits.
- Proofreads for style, grammar, punctuation, logos, photo and copy relationships, spelling and overall style consistency.
- Quality checks page layouts for type characteristics and adherence to layout style.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent with 2+ years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job
- Requires very good knowledge of general administrative/manufacturing operations procedures and knowledge of job specific processes to successfully execute and complete the more progressive/complex duties of the job.
- Ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and impact work has on department or company.
- Must have very good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete duties successfully.
- Requires good knowledge of multiple functions or areas of the business in which there is frequent contact with while completing daily work assignments of the job.
- Must have very good oral and written communication skills sufficient to explain departmental policy, methods and/or procedures when completing assignments.
- Requires very good organizational skills sufficient to accomplish work by established deadlines and ability to coordinate phases of work with others.
- Must have a portfolio of imaginative work.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel, Quark Xpress and Internet research abilities.
- Ability to provide creative concepts and understand a high-level of retail advertising.