We’re looking for an experienced writer who is passionate about making every piece of content informed, compelling and inspiring. You will use your love of storytelling powered by your experience and understanding of the concierge service to create content that tells the story of Ten and engages members. This content will be published throughout the world on our sites and sent out to targeted groups of our high-net-worth membership base daily.
To thrive in this role, you’ll have a knack for bringing any brief to life with well-researched, thoughtful and compelling copy that tells the story of Ten. What’s more, you’ll be able to wax lyrical about concierge and its benefits in service-driven content.
- a global team of upbeat and experienced writers, editors and developers spread out over 10 offices worldwide
- excited about creating content that tells the story of our service, reaching a high-net-worth member base
- experts in lifestyle content covering topics such as travel, food, retail and entertainment
- passionate about creating the right content for the right person at the right time
- dedicated to innovation and quality.
Who We Are
At Ten our goal is simple, to become the most trusted service business in the world.
Ten is a leading global lifestyle management business with presence in over 22 offices globally and more than 1200 employees. We use our expertise, technology and buying power to grant our members direct access to the best travel, live entertainment, dining and luxury retail services. We also work closely with suppliers to provide exclusively negotiated benefits and employee loyalty schemes.
We deliver our service through a combination of Ten’s proprietary, unique technology-enabled platform and the expertise of our highly trained lifestyle managers. Ten is growing quickly and has ambitious plans to keep innovating, inspiring and to continue to improve the lives of millions of members. To find out more about Ten, please watch this short video here.
- Develop accurate and highly engaging content to be used across our global digital platforms and in targeted communications in a fast-paced environment.
- You will work on short and long form content using advice and feedback from senior writers to shape and develop your copy over time.
- Manage projects and communication with stakeholders professionally
- Support junior peers in interpreting briefs and making copy shine.
- Craft supplier/brand copy for platform and emails in line with Ten’s editorial standards and requirements.
- Work with Ten's worldwide specialists to support business growth through content creation.
- Adopt the Ten style and voice.
- Meet deadlines as set out by the production manager.
- Assist content writers in brainstorming ideas and sourcing information.
- Liaise with the global content team on a regular basis.
- Minimum 4-6 years' experience in content writing
- A relevant tertiary degree or qualification/sufficient aptitude pertaining to that standard
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong grammatical understanding
- Ability to stay agile and motivated in a time-pressured working environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Adept at bringing briefs to life without relying on sales-speak
- Excellent general knowledge
- Good teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate, cliché and error-free, engaging content to tight deadlines.
Our people are at the heart of the business, and we have a culture of recognition and reward - both through regular appraisals but also annual Extra Mile Awards where we celebrate those who have gone that extra mile in their role. We also encourage all our staff to incorporate their aspirations and interests into their career at Ten and we are there every step of the way in supporting development.
All Our Employees Also Enjoy a Range Of Benefits
- Offer flexible work arrangements including Hybrid work possibilities
- Annual Leave of 15 days per annum, 20 days per annum from the second year and an additional 3 extra days of annual leave in their third year.
- One (1) month paid Sabbatical after 5 years of Service, without tapping into annual leave
- We also offer a company contribution towards medical aid, transport home for those working a late shift (applies to those who don't have a car).
- ICAS Employee Health and Wellness (EHWP) services which are confidential and free for all employees to use.
- Access to lots of great travel and entertainment discounts as our clients’ members would!
- There are lots of social events throughout the year as well as a break-out room where employees can relax (or, if they wish, play one of the numerous games we provide!) or stunning roof-top terrace to enjoy the Table Mountain view, whilst enjoying our latest fruit drop or great coffee/tea station.
- Global Team, with diversity at its core.
- Safe and secure offices located in Cape Town Foreshore, with complimentary off-street parking.
- Possibility of growth within a dynamic and international company
Commitment to Diversity
We encourage diverse philosophies, cultures, and experiences. We appreciate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for our employees. This idea unites the teams at TEN. All aspects of our relationship, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Ten has a commitment to supporting the delivery of Ten’s environmental, social, and governance goals, and promoting policy adherence.
"Ten works with a small, preferred supplier list of recruitment agencies only. Please note we are not accepting any further recruitment agencies at this time."