We’re looking for a talented Content Writer with excellent copywriting skills and a deep understanding of DJ culture to join our Creator Marketing & Partnerships team. Your role will be to influence the acquisition, loyalty and conversion of Mixcloud’s creators into paying subscribers via inspirational written content that markets our products and brand values.
You will manage and produce written content for our educational hub Campus in a variety of formats including listicles, creator-led articles and white papers. You will use your knowledge of SEO and industry trends to inform your ideas and will adapt your output according to data and analytics. You will develop and codify our brand voice and provide impactful copy for multiple marketing touch points (on platform, email, ads and press releases).
You are data driven as well as creative. You can identify the story within a campaign brief and bring it to life with engaging written content that will resonate with our existing and target audiences.
This role is 4 days per week
Mixcloud exists to amplify DJ culture and community. We’re a fair and legal audio streaming service that supports creators. We recently launched Mixcloud LIVE, which enables DJs and producers to stream legally and make money online.
We’re home to a unique catalogue of 50 million DJ mixes, radio shows and podcasts curated by the world’s finest DJs, online radio stations and cultural tastemakers. Our mission is to build a sustainable future for creators. We want to see a world where everyone can connect deeply beyond the algorithm, human to human.
What you will do:
- Market our product releases and brand values via groundbreaking written content created for Campus including white papers, listicles and creator-led articles
- Work with the team to ensure Campus content is repurposed for our other marketing channels (email, social media and posts)
- Use knowledge of SEO, analytics, data, industry news and social trends to inform Campus content strategies in line with team objectives
- Develop and codify Mixcloud’s brand voice for use across all marketing touch points
- Write impactful copy for Campus, email, landing pages, ads and press releases (not social media or posts)
- Oversee the production of all content on Campus including planning, contact with creators, gathering of assets and sharing of articles once published
- Track and report on the performance of Campus output
Who You Are
- 3-5 years experience working as a content writer or copywriter (agency experience would be good)
- Excellent writing skills, can turn complex information into engaging content
- Deep knowledge of DJ culture (technical knowledge would be good)
- Passionate about music
- A strong understanding of SEO and industry trends
- Ability to interpret and be guided by data and analytics for SEO
- Ability to identify the hook in a campaign brief and create impact via varied written content formats
- Creative and analytical with attention to detail and a strong eye for accuracy
- A proactive team member, happy to create and follow briefs
- An empathetic, flexible team player who can give and take feedback
We have a remote-first work culture, although we still have an office in Brick Lane/ Spitafields available for anyone to use. We’re a culturally active bunch, with many of us pursuing our passions as DJs, producers, radio hosts, promoters or creatives. We host DJ lessons in the office, cater weekly lunches and host social team mixers. We offer a great benefits package that includes generous holiday, flexible working, a healthcare plan and a kitchen packed with healthy snacks.
We offer a culture of personal development and growth. We’re serious about encouraging our employees to develop their careers through goal setting, training and mentorship. Mixcloud also covers the cost of books.
Mixcloud is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.