Mercy Corps is hiringContent Strategist/Writer
- Job locationRemote (US)
- Date postedFebruary 15
- ExpiresApril 15 (in 23 days)
- PayNot specified
MicroMentor’s free and easy to use online platform enables the world's largest community of purpose-driven entrepreneurs and business mentors to create powerful connections, solve problems and build successful businesses together. We strive to overcome geographical limitations and deliver business resources at scale to underserved communities around the globe, in one-to-many mentoring forums and meaningful one-to-one relationships.
Purpose / Project Description
At MicroMentor, we are looking to expand and nurture our global community of entrepreneurs and mentors. As a key part of our growth strategy, we’re searching for a Content Strategist/ Writer Consultant who is dedicated to creating content for our various channels such as blog, social media, youtube, and email marketing. The Content Strategist/ Writer Consultant will work directly with the Marketing team to understand, strategize, and craft value-driven content for our stakeholders.
The MicroMentor Content Strategist/ Writer will work closely with the MicroMentor marketing team to create and coordinate the content plan, including the creation of value-driven content pieces with the aim of driving traffic and subsequent conversions (sign-ups) to the MicroMentor platform through Google, Social Media and email marketing.
Activities related to SEO /optimization
- Have a good understanding of up-to-date Google and Social Media algorithm’s content best practices.
- Implement SEO focused best practices for our Blog and Social Media including keywords, content topics, tone, etc.
- Writing of long-form blog articles in English (including researching, keywords and editing).
Activities related to Social Media Content Production:
- Writing of short form video scripts to be used for social media.
- Writing persuasive copy for short-form social media ads.
- Utilize AI tools to shorten the research process to deliver detailed, rich content.
- Produce 4 blog articles per month: 1200–1500 words count.
- Produce 6 short-form social media Ads/posts per month: 50-200 word count.
- Bi-Weekly 1-hour calls to update the team on progress and participate in the creative process.
- Availability for daily messaging through MicroMentor’s Slack channel
To Apply to This Consultancy the Consultant is Required to Have
- 5-10 years of professional experience in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated writing and communications skills in English (Spanish is a plus)
- Proven and strong experience in developing content, producing stories, etc
- Empathetic and able to establish rapport with users in different countries, and other stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, flexibility and motivation.
- Proven experience crafting and implementing engaging creative concepts across major social media platforms (FB, IG, etc)
- Passion for marketing and eagerness to create engaging content.
- Experience writing English-language SEO-focused content for international, English-speaking audiences is preferred.
The Consultant Will Report To
Micromentor Director of Marketing & Communications
Timeframe / Schedule
March 1, 2023–June 30, 2023
The Consultant Will Work Closely With
Micromentor Copywriter Specialist
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges.
We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our stakeholders and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.