Babbel is hiringContent Designer
- Job locationBerlin, Germany
- Date postedFebruary 21
- ExpiresApril 21 (in 29 days)
- PayNot specified
Babbel is the world’s first and most sold online language learning platform, driven by the purpose to create mutual understanding through language. This means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business provide users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations. Babbel’s team consists of 750 Babbelonians representing over 65 different nationalities working in Berlin and New York. For more information, visit www.babbel.com or download the apps in the App Store or Play Store.
We’re looking for a Content Designer (all genders) to join our Content Design team based in the heart of Berlin. As a Content Designer at Babbel, you’ll be a key member of the vibrant product design community at Babbel. You’ll help shape a seamless experience for learners across their journey and will work closely with product designers, UX researchers, product managers, and engineers to understand user needs, explore and create potential solutions, and iterate using a data-driven approach.
You’ll join Babbel’s growing content design practice and will work with other content designers to develop best practices, evolve the in-product voice and tone, and ensure consistency across the product.
Here Are Some Recent Projects Similar to What You’ll Be Working On
- Personalization of registration flows and pricing screens
- New concepts to show and explain learning progress within the Babbel app
- Research to recommend new feature names
- Onboarding for a conversation-practice feature
- Work as a semi-embedded member of product teams focused on learning experiences within the Babbel self-study app, as well as with product teams in the growth cluster
- Collaborate closely with product designers, UX researchers, product managers, engineers, and product marketers to understand user and business needs and to quickly develop in-product content concepts
- Plan, write, edit, test, and improve product content to make Babbel easier to understand and use; this includes product flows, user interface content, transactional emails, and help content
- Facilitate the localization of product content in close collaboration with engineers and the in-house localization team
- Apply content design best practices and deliver consistent and clear content
- Shape content design principles and processes
- An experienced content designer/UX writer
- Fluent in English with excellent writing and editing skills
- A strong advocate for users
- Familiar with writing for localization
- Proactive and comfortable establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders from many backgrounds
- Flexible and comfortable operating in a fluid environment with competing priorities
- Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and have strong time-management skills
- 2+ years of experience creating written content for digital products (web and/or mobile experiences)
- Experience working on product teams and collaborating with product designers, product managers, UX researchers, and developers
- Good prioritization, time-management, and collaboration skills
- A portfolio of UX writing (or UX writing-adjacent) work to share
Nice To Have
- Experience with Figma and Atlassian products
Some Perks of Becoming a Babbelonian
- Enjoy 30 vacation days and the chance to take a 3-month Sabbatical. Plus family and life situation counseling.
- Decide how, when and from where you want to work with our flexible working hours and remote friendly options as Jobbatical (up to 3 months inside the EU) or work from our fully equipped office with nap, faith and family rooms.
- Learn and grow with the internal learning opportunities, and use a yearly learning & development budget for external training. Learn languages with Babbel for free with your full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes.
- Take advantage of your mobility benefits options and a discounted Urban Sports Club membership.
- Be part of our employee communities (such as Femgineers, DE&I Ambassadors and LGBTQIA groups), attend cultural and regular social events.
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs.
Please state your pronouns in your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
Sounds good? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! Check out also our Medium page, our jobs page, our blog and our techblog to get an impression about #lifeatbabbel!