Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions.
With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is looking for a Content Curator (Contractor) on the Content Operations team to join our expanding team. The Content Operations team acts as the preeminent tastemaker for Reddit, responsible for making sense of cultural trends and first-party data available to inform decision-making. As such, the team plays a critical role in the hands-on operational curation of on-platform surfaces to best engage Redditors, both new and returning.
The Content Strategist role will serve as the regional representative for the United Kingdom, acting as both a thought leader for the region and principal curator. An ideal candidate is an editorial-minded cultural expert with strong operational and writing skills. Whether it be cool content in r/dankmemes or helpful guides in r/skincareaddiction, you are someone who can get curious about any community on Reddit as it relates to UK users.
Your role will be to manage local editorial calendars, own operational processes to determine which communities and content to surface in editorial surfaces, dive deep into user data, and articulate how UK users interact with content and communities on Reddit.
- Create and execute on-platform content strategy for UK users based on guidance provided by Content Operations leadership in partnership with Community, Marketing, and Product teams
- Act as a preeminent local tastemaker: keep your finger on the pulse of key events and trends across the United Kingdom (both IRL and online), and find and promote relevant content on Reddit
- Own the operational processes for updating, managing, and validating all local programmable and editorial surfaces.
- Leverage Reddit search and knowledge of the platform to identify the best, most unique, or freshest local content and communities to surface to UK users.
- Measure, analyze and improve content quality and performance on a range of metrics to ensure we’re building best-in-class content experiences that perform well and delight our users.
- Proactively identify opportunities to create better user experiences on-platform as it relates to programmable content surfaces
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Anthropology, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- 2 - 3 years of related work experience preferred
- Strong understanding of UK culture
- Tastemaker who is a stickler for top-tier editorial standards and quality prose
- Prior experience with leveraging user data to inform strategic content decisions
- Prior experience operating internal editorial tooling or experimental processes from start to finish with a keen eye for tweaking processes as needed for efficiency
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for Reddit’s expansive network of amazing communities
- Affinity for staying “in the know” or “up to date” on culture, news, or societal trends
- Intellectually curious, displaying excellent taste and judgment
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.