SecuriGroup is recruiting for an experienced writer to join our dynamic Communications Team.
Applications are welcomed from those who are passionate about writing copy concisely to the highest standards, and with excellent attention to detail. This is a challenging and rewarding position where you can influence the growth of a leading £65m turnover security business.
You will be responsible for drafting excellent responses to tender questions which can be technical in nature, so a willingness to learn about the private security sector is essential.
This role will involve working closely with all departments across the business, colleagues in the Marketing Team, as well as members of the Executive Board.
The role is currently operating on a hybrid model, with office working on a minimum of two days per week from our Head Office in Glasgow, where attendance on a Tuesday is essential.
You will report to the Communications Manager, play your part in the continued development of BD strategy, as well as supporting the bid process end to end. Previous experience in a bid writing, copywriting or a journalistic role is essential.
This role requires you to write eloquently, succinctly, and convincingly. We pride ourselves on submitting high quality tender submissions which impress through well structured, concise and accurate responses. Your application should mirror this commitment and demonstrate your capability.
Please note, you may be asked to take part in a written exercise if shortlisted.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Writing concise commercial copy that engages the reader and meets the brief
- Proof reading and editing
- Working with colleagues across the business to draft excellent responses to technical tender questions
- Provide an overview and summary of tender opportunities to be shared with colleagues
- Maintaining a library of responses to help with future bids
- Liaising with clients and external procurement departments
- Supporting the full lifecycle of bid management activity, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of PQQs and ITTs
- Liaising with the Commercial Team on pricing
- Helping manage the business development pipeline
What We Require From You
- A strong communicator with excellent written and spoken English
- Very high levels of accuracy and excellent attention to detail (essential)
- Ability to write concisely and confidently, often within specific word limits
- Strong project planning experience
- Confidence in the creation of bid proposals of varying sizes
- Proficient across the Microsoft Office (essential)
- Strong administrator with excellent organisational skills, and experience of working to tight deadlines to a high standard
- Calm and organised under pressure.